PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trouble with picking up sound from mic.

Zoronius
July 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I recently installed Ubuntu onto my computer, and I am having trouble getting my sound card to pick up sounds from my mic. I have tried using the microphone jack, and the line in jack on my sound card. For the line in jack I also tested using an instrument, which the sound card picked up the sound, however when I plugged the instrument into the microphone jack the sound card picked up nothing. (If it is worth anything, my mic has a stereo signal while my instrument is mono.) I tried my mic on another computer, and it works on that.

I've looked on these forums and using Google to find a solution, but to no avail. I have checked alsamixer to see if the mic or line in jacks have been muted, and I have used PulseAudio to attempt to turn the right channel of my mic to 0, and I've also trued with left down to 0.

The computer itself is a HP Pavilion p6180t, running Ubuntu 12.04, and the sound card is [SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio] CA0110-IBG, and the mic is a Logitech mic, but I can't find it on the Logitech website and appears to be discontinued.