PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I need some help building a cluster please :)

smithy953
July 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Hi guys.

Ok so ill start by saying I need help and im a noob when it comes to ubuntu... Linux in general really.

so lemme tell you what's happening, I've been interested in building a cluster for a while now.... lots of machines running as one * drool*

im now in a position to finally build one, I made the switch from windows to ubuntu 12.04 a few months ago and have sort of half figured it out

im picking up some more machines on Friday at the minute I want to try a three comp cluster to get to grips with the whole situation.

I've gone through countless guides copied and pasted so so many sudo commands and every time it seems to just not happen for one reason or another :/

so please bare in mind im still quite new with ubuntu and have a good idea of how the hardware side of a cluster works but that's about it.

in front of me now i have a hp proliant ML310 G5 server, a (don't laugh) emachines 5260 desktop and a (really dont laugh) hp pavillion)

what i want is a system which can share processor load as well as memory.. and if possible the ability to output graphics through one of the nodes... as im sure my server will have to be the host node but the graphics are a lil shoddy on that.

any help would be much appreciated guys

thanks!