PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] what are these numbers in picture box

iebng
July 5th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Hi, recently got these messages appear when i was browsing in Mozilla Firefox.

Here are screen shots attached.
When i refresh it appears normal, but again its shows these numbers in gray box.

I do have Adobe Flash installed, but its not showing in installed software but shows up when a search in done.

What to do.

msammels
July 5th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I am not seeing any screenshots, sorry.

iebng
July 5th, 2012, 02:44 AM
I have dual boot with Windows XP SP2, I can see the websites clearly.
but all of sudden in Ubuntu I'm getting these numbers in grey box.
again, Adobe Flash shows as installed only when search in done in software centre, but in installed software it does not shows up.
I am unable to view streaming video also, get same message

I have attached the screen shot

how to fix it.

Thanks

msammels
July 5th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I have never seen that before - have you tested an alternate browser such as Chrome? Also, I recommend taking down that screenshot and blanking out your email.

Razmear
July 5th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Do you have an adblocker installed? looks like those are ad banners being blocked.
If not, and this is a new install, make sure you install ubuntu-restricted-extras package. I think GIF support is included in that package.

iebng
July 5th, 2012, 03:16 AM
thanks for the reply,

I cannot see any chrome available for Ubuntu 12, i did a search in software center.

Also i have attached these screen shots.

Razmear
July 5th, 2012, 03:19 AM
go into synaptic package manager and confirm you have ubuntu-restricted-extras installed. If not, then install it and see if it fixes your problem.

edit:
I went to that page, and you are only missing the advertisments, they all look like Google ads if that helps at all.