PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For Killing Ubuntu

LexterGaines
July 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I would normally never post something like this (especially for something free/opensource) but... Words cannot express how sorry I am for “upgrading” to 12.04 and Unity. I have lost so much time trying to roll back, update, change themes, search for answers, trouble shoot issues, etc. Everything is harder on this OS now – EVERYTHING!!! I'm not going to say the developers suck, because they don't. But you guys have really taken Linux back YEARS! Working people need an OS THAT WORKS!!! I hope you get it together soon.

msammels
July 4th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Uhm... what is wrong? What problems are you having?

kansasnoob
July 4th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I would normally never post something like this (especially for something free/opensource) but... Words cannot express how sorry I am for “upgrading” to 12.04 and Unity. I have lost so much time trying to roll back, update, change themes, search for answers, trouble shoot issues, etc. Everything is harder on this OS now – EVERYTHING!!! I'm not going to say the developers suck, because they don't. But you guys have really taken Linux back YEARS! Working people need an OS THAT WORKS!!! I hope you get it together soon.

I can get real close to classic:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1966370

And it works great :D

msammels
July 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Kudos on that! That's a pretty neat setup. To be honest, I like Unity.

nothingspecial
July 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Moved to recurring Discussions and closed.

We do not need another thread moaning about unity, it's been done a bazillion times before and is beyond old.

If you have a problem, please feel free to post in the relevant forum giving as much detail as you can, including what you have tried and any errors you have.

If you just want to moan, do it in your personal bog, twitter or somewhere else.

Thankyou.