PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] nvidia and youtube

nush
June 27th, 2012, 09:26 PM
hi, ive recently updated my laptop to 12.04, youtube was fine on previouse versions but now all the vids are odd colours, ive changed the card driver for the only alternative that is availabe but no luck.
any help would be appreciated thanks

nush
June 27th, 2012, 09:53 PM
ha ha how bad am i, dont know if its a permenant mend but disabling shockwave flash has worked for now

ajgreeny
June 27th, 2012, 10:41 PM
If you do that you will not get flash videos from some other sites that are either

not yet using html5, or
do not work with the flash-video-replacer add-on.

I assume you must be either signed up for html5 or are using the replacer add-on.

To get rid of the blue? colour you can try right clicking in a flash window and in the settings dialog disabling graphic acceleration. It may overcome the problem. Aklternatively you can use a previous version of flash (11.1.102.63) which you can get from lovinglinux at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1953796. Scroll down the post a bit to find the links for32 & 64 bit versions, but be aware of the security considerations of the earlier flash version.

nush
June 30th, 2012, 01:06 PM
hi thanks for the reply, i turned of the flash plugin and the you tube videos worked fine, turned it back on and all still workes fine, dont know why but a result is a result. lol