PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] fglrx bug

JBudOne
June 26th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Hey guys! I finally got fglrx properly installed on my computer (Ubuntu 12.04 Precise; with the Mobility RadeonHD 3650). For a while I was running into a bug anytime I tried to run the installer; actually a lot of people ran into this similar situation too, but no solutions were posted online. So here's what I ran into, and the workaround I used to get it working.

THE PROBLEM

Anytime I try to install fglrx (either via `sudo apt-get install fglrx` or System -> Additional Drivers -> ...), I would run into this error,

kernel includes at /lib/modules/3.2.0-25-generic-pae/build/include do not match current kernel.
they are versioned as "3.2.18"
instead of "3.2.0-25-generic-pae".
you might need to adjust your symlinks:
- /usr/include
- /usr/src/linux

THE FIX

Note: run `uname -r` for your current kernel, for me its `3.2.0-25-generic-pae`

cd /lib/modules/3.2.0-25-generic-pae/build/include
grep -r '3.2.18' .

Each of these files listed should be backed up, and then replace every instance of '3.2.18' with '3.2.0-25-generic-pae' . Then try installing fglrx again

Also a side note: I was hoping to instead add this to the cchtml wiki ( http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Troubleshooting ) where this solution belongs, but apparently the troubleshooting page is locked for editing :(
Another side note: This solution is a WORKAROUND just to get fglrx working. I'm sure there's a reason that the versioning was listed off in those files, and that there must be a much better way to fix this.