PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Moving the mouse freezes Flash games, touchpad works fine

Starlight
June 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Hello, I have a really strange problem. O_O

I've noticed that when I play some Flash games, they tend to be quite slow, and I finally figured out when exactly that happens. Whenever I move the mouse, the Flash game freezes for a moment, and when I keep moving the mouse it freezes totally until I stop moving it. Then, after a while, the game is working again. However, it doesn't happen when I use the touchpad. When I use it, all Flash games are perfectly smooth and fast.

Does any one have any idea why something like happens, and why only with a mouse? It doesn't depend on the browser or DE, I've tried different ones and it's always the same. It's really weird... :shock:

Starlight
June 26th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Whyyyyy do I always have weird unusual problems that no one knows how to solve... :-|

bump!

Starlight
July 2nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
I've noticed that I don't have this problem when I run the Windows version of Firefox and Flash on Wine... and it's also muuuuch smoother and faster than the Linux Flash. :shock: I have an idea, would it be possible to make a plugin wrapper that used Wine and the Windows version of Flash to display Flash stuff in Linux browsers?:-k

Kreaninw
July 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Flash on Linux is very slow because it has no hardware acceleration enabled, no matter what GPU you're using. Web browsers on Linux are also having this issue, only Opera 12 was able to use hardware acceleration today(not enabled by default). Flash or HTML5, they're all slow on Linux.

Sorry, it can't be fixed.

Starlight
July 2nd, 2012, 06:14 PM
Thank you for the reply! :)

But I'm not sure if it's a problem with hardware acceleration... why would the lack of hardware acceleration make Flash struggle with moving the mouse pointer with a mouse, but not with a touchpad? It should be the same...

Kreaninw
July 2nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
Flash is cross-platform application. It might not work fine on all platform. Platform relate bugs were expectable, especially on Linux.

Starlight
July 3rd, 2012, 12:55 AM
That's true... but it's still very weird. I wonder why Flash sees the mouse and the touchpad differently...