PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Bible related apps that work well?

Jackalyn
June 25th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Hello,

I just installed Ubuntu and would be very interested in any good suggestions for Bible related things that work well with Ubuntu. I used to have esword and several others.

Thank you,

J

stlsaint
June 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I am a fan of xiphos, bibletime and esword, though esword is not native to linux it works well under wine.

jonathonblake
June 26th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hello,
Bible related things

"Bible Related Things" is ambigious.
For example, a gematria program would technically fall into that category.

jonathon

Jackalyn
June 27th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I am a fan of xiphos, bibletime and esword, though esword is not native to linux it works well under wine.

Thank you. I downloaded there but not esword. I will get Wine but PLEASE can you see my post in installations. I hae the shells as it were but no books actually in them and although I ticked all the add ons in the software manager, all I have is the OT in the Apostles Bible and apparently, the whole KJV in the terminal! I am so lost on this and seriously need these things as I am editing my own stuff and also an entire Bible course and a church manual.

I like the verse memory thing in the downloads. Using that a bit.

OOOOOH just found the library manager. I really did not have anything working in there for now and downloading........YAY PTL!

Blessings.
J:KS

stlsaint
June 27th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Thank you. I downloaded there but not esword. I will get Wine but PLEASE can you see my post in installations. I hae the shells as it were but no books actually in them and although I ticked all the add ons in the software manager, all I have is the OT in the Apostles Bible and apparently, the whole KJV in the terminal! I am so lost on this and seriously need these things as I am editing my own stuff and also an entire Bible course and a church manual.

I like the verse memory thing in the downloads. Using that a bit.

OOOOOH just found the library manager. I really did not have anything working in there for now and downloading........YAY PTL!

Blessings.
J:KS

Hang tight. Next month UCE will be released with all software bundled together.