PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash continually crashes in 12.04

98cwitr
June 23rd, 2012, 05:35 AM
Didn't have this issue in 10.04, but it seems that all flash content will crash w/ the exception of youtube. No idea where to start.

TenPlus1
June 23rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
If you are using nvidia graphics then you could try and right-click on a youtube video, go to settings and disable hardware-acceleration for flash... This may help...

98cwitr
June 23rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Yes, I am actually! But it wont let me uncheck the box under Settings...or even close it once it's open for that matter.

firekage
June 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
Yes, I am actually! But it wont let me uncheck the box under Settings...or even close it once it's open for that matter.

Same here. On Windows there is no sucha problem. It occured to me after updating firefox to a newer version. It updates flash, and i saw on forum that with latest update form Adobe there is no hardware acceleration support more for nVidia, while the old had it. I'm using icedtea web plugin now cause with adobe flash i had problems with firefox but it is still present cause i unpacked it and copied to a location where it should be.

98cwitr
June 23rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Well I unintalled the nvidia driver completely and deleted the mms.cfg (/etc/adobe) file. While I'm back to getting the screen tearing I was accustomed to in 10.04, flash actually works now. Catch 22 it seems :/

98cwitr
June 24th, 2012, 09:28 PM
nm, still crashing :(

firekage
June 24th, 2012, 10:12 PM
nm, still crashing :(

Try to install for firefox icedtea webplugin. I have it in firefox.

Sigma1
June 24th, 2012, 10:30 PM
The solution which worked for me was to uninstall the adobe flashplayer plugin and replace it with the "Google, from Chrome" flashplayer, using the Flash-Aid tool for Firefox, available here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/

TenPlus1
June 25th, 2012, 10:22 AM
if you run the youtube video in full screen it shoudl let you go into properties and untick the hardware acceleration box... Had to do that for a friends system to get flash to behave...

Sigma1
June 27th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I spoke too soon. Flash is back working in youtube, but not in some other sites... This is particularly annoying when sites use flash technology for authentication: copying numbers and words.
No combination of plugins and browsers seems to fix it...

98cwitr
June 27th, 2012, 10:43 PM
if you run the youtube video in full screen it shoudl let you go into properties and untick the hardware acceleration box... Had to do that for a friends system to get flash to behave...

While that worked and I was able to uncheck it...still didn't fix flash from breaking :( Seems to break less now though :)