PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 12.10 Daily June 21 Install

sammiev
June 21st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Well todays install went great off the start. Installed it along 12.04 and Windows with no problems. Used it for about an hour before updating using
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Took about 15 mins to update and upgrade but with no problems. Reboot my computer and seen my first error right after. Drop down Menus went white and are very hard to see. Now it's time to try gnome shell. :)

philinux
June 21st, 2012, 03:40 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2007546

sammiev
June 21st, 2012, 09:34 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2007546

Yes that seemed to work for the drop down boxes. The Dash and side menu is basically dead. This is testing. :)

jerrylamos
June 21st, 2012, 11:17 PM
I'm still getting nowhere on 21 June install. I can't get by the Change to set file sistem type and root partition. Looked at the previous posts in this thread and didn't understand what to do.

Jerry

sammiev
June 21st, 2012, 11:41 PM
I'm still getting nowhere on 21 June install. I can't get by the Change to set file sistem type and root partition. Looked at the previous posts in this thread and didn't understand what to do.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, I had my partition setup before I did my install and this time I did it from a USB to try something different. I'm going to try an update and upgrade here soon to see if any of the bugs were fixed in any of the updates.

jerrylamos
June 22nd, 2012, 12:06 AM
Hi Jerry, I had my partition setup before I did my install and this time I did it from a USB to try something different. I'm going to try an update and upgrade here soon to see if any of the bugs were fixed in any of the updates.I had a partition formatted, did you define a / folder as well?

Thanks, Jerry

sammiev
June 22nd, 2012, 01:22 AM
I had a partition formatted, did you define a / folder as well?

Thanks, Jerry

No I did not.

kevpan815
June 22nd, 2012, 01:24 AM
Well todays install went great off the start. Installed it along 12.04 and Windows with no problems. Used it for about an hour before updating using
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Took about 15 mins to update and upgrade but with no problems. Reboot my computer and seen my first error right after. Drop down Menus went white and are very hard to see. Now it's time to try gnome shell. :)

Ubuntu 20120621.5 Daily-Live worked just fine for me, Installer is now finally asking me if I want to set up a WIFI Connection during install, I am currently connected using WIFI as opposed to a Direct Connection to my IPhone 4S, it's a little slow, but it works just fine, had NO problems Reformatting either. 20120621.5 Daily-Live is working just fine for me.

sammiev
June 22nd, 2012, 02:15 AM
Just wait to you update. :)

kevpan815
June 22nd, 2012, 02:20 AM
Updating to today latest updates that came out since this morning worked just fine as well, even over WIFI as opposed to a Direct USB Connection.

kevpan815
June 22nd, 2012, 02:21 AM
Forgot to mention, only 1 Update was held back. Just FYI.

mc4man
June 22nd, 2012, 02:57 AM

Jerry
If you can't select from the combo box drop downs then you can do this way -
Go to the 'try ubuntu' first

Then switch to Adwaita theme which isn't affected & all dropdowns are available
Using the Adwaita theme is a live session will provide you with some fun & games but I'm sure you can figure out

You can switch from a terminal with this, (note that after the switch a terminal will be black with black text.

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme Adwaita
Just tried & had no issues with set up, ect.

sammiev
June 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Well after this morning updates I am now able to get into my file folders without using terminal. Still a lot of items not working off the dash but getting there. :)

jerrylamos
June 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
If you can't select from the combo box drop downs then you can do this way -
Go to the 'try ubuntu' first

Then switch to Adwaita theme which isn't affected & all dropdowns are available
Using the Adwaita theme is a live session will provide you with some fun & games but I'm sure you can figure out

You can switch from a terminal with this, (note that after the switch a terminal will be black with black text.

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme Adwaita
Just tried & had no issues with set up, ect.mc4man, Thanks much!
It works! Some things I have to mouse over to read them but I was actually able to get 22 June to install.

Now booting the installed system of course drop downs are still incompetent see:
[Bug 1015497] Re: Cannot select gtk dropdown list value in multiple applications: ubiquity, landscape client

so even simple things like the System Settings > Appearance can't drop down to Pictures.

A real pain was setting up wireless WPA finally fumbled through the various setups to find one that didn't need drop down.

Jerry

sammiev
June 22nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
mc4man, Thanks much!
It works! Some things I have to mouse over to read them but I was actually able to get 22 June to install.

Now booting the installed system of course drop downs are still incompetent see:
[Bug 1015497] Re: Cannot select gtk dropdown list value in multiple applications: ubiquity, landscape client

so even simple things like the System Settings > Appearance can't drop down to Pictures.

A real pain was setting up wireless WPA finally fumbled through the various setups to find one that didn't need drop down.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, Today's update now fixes that. :) Working good here at this time.

jerrylamos
June 22nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hi Jerry, Today's update now fixes that. :) Working good here at this time.
Yes, today's update fixed it.
Verified by booting 22 June today's i386 Daily build, the live "Try Ubuntu" drop down menus no workee. Did sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade on the live then shortly thereafter drop downs O.K., could do the install "something else" which needs drop downs to work.

Of course, on booting, the installed image wouldn't do drop downs until the update & upgrade. Fine now.

Did the same verification on amd64, live drop downs wouldn't, update & upgrade, now install "something else" worked fine. For an Alpha.

And the installed amd64 drop downs wouldn't until update & upgrade, now I can set external monitor resolution, set wireless WPA security, select wallpaper from Pictures, everything I've tried.

Bug #1015497 has some more explanation about upstream etc.

Good go, Jerry