PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu on lenovo Thinkpad Edge E530?

Ivosh
June 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Anyone has experience with Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E530?

I'm interested in E530 3259-4DG.

Thanks.

attma92
June 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
Hey, I just got mine in the mail today! I'm downloading Ubuntu 12.04 as I type this, and I will be sure to get back to you on how well it runs. I will say, first, that you MIGHT want to reconsider not buying this particular laptop. I will give it to Lenovo for making a decent laptop, but there are much more better laptops for about the same price. I don't hate the laptop, but I don't seem to love it either. I'm sure it will grow on me in time. I bout mine for college mainly. I will still be taking my desktop, though. There is no way that I'd be able to use this thing for a long period of time. Reviews that I've read about thi laptop mention that it's really not for gaming, at all. I'm not a huge gamer at all, but I do enjoy playing minecraft quite a bit with my friends. I figured that almost any machine could run that game, but this laptop has a hard time keeping up. Sorry for all of the extra information. I spent days looking for reviews of this particular modle and found close to none, I just figured that you wouldn't mind hearing what I had to say about this laptop.

rex86
June 21st, 2012, 11:26 AM
Maybe you could make a page about its hardware compatibility on ubuntu. There was also a program that checks if everything is working fine and sends a report.

attma92
June 21st, 2012, 12:15 PM
Maybe you could make a page about its hardware compatibility on ubuntu. There was also a program that checks if everything is working fine and sends a report.

Are you talking to me? If so, do mean something like a webpage or a page on this forum? Sorry, I'm a little new here; I hardly ever post. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on my Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E530 (can't think of the exact model number, but it's the one without the numeric keypad.) Ubuntu is running great. I didn't have to install ONE driver. Everything is smooth. I installed it via the wubi installer.

thotz
August 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Today my Thinkpad Edge E530 arrived.

It has Ivy Bridge support. The processor is a Intel Core i5 3210M and the graphics card is a Intel HD 4000.

So, far everything really works great. All the drivers are included into the Ubuntu Desktop CD :)

Thomas