PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mouse pointer moves on its own when 1015PN laptop lid closed

finny388
June 16th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Ubuntu 12.04 64bit on as Asus 1015PN laptop using Samsung LCD tv as external (main) dispaly.
The laptop sits behind the tv and I want to close it.

I have used mint, kubuntu, ubuntu 10 with same hardware without this issue.

When I close the lid, the display blinks but settles quickly, then the mouse starts moving 50-200 pixels at a time in different directions. I can click things if I'm really quick to click after hovering.

Anyway, I disabled Mouse Clicks and Scrolling in the Touchpad section of Mouse properties. Didn't help.

Is that the way to disable the touchpad? (surprised there isn't a single checkbox to disable it). Or can this issue be addressed without this "bandaid" solution?

btw, the laptop display is disabled via nVidia xserver settings

thanks

finny388
June 19th, 2012, 01:54 AM
^

finny388
June 21st, 2012, 11:57 PM
very frustrating

Dr_Frost
July 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Mine presses Ctrl + T and other buttons so i have mine locking screen when lid is closed, else i am presented with a crap load of new tabs etc..., in my case i has to be hardware wise, i have used 10.04, 10.10, 12.04 & mint 13, all have the same issue.

finny388
July 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
what's the model of your laptop?

Dr_Frost
July 19th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Well thought the tread title was enough :p, also a 1015PN, it has been pressing those buttons from when i got it (second-hand), well it is not "pressing" them, can see plenty of clearance between buttons and screen when lid is closed

It never fails when screen is closed it presses CTRL + T and such, but my "fix" has been to enable lock screen when lid is closed.

Wish i knew why it does that but the "fix" was easy so i get by.

Side Note: mine is not stock anymore, have beefed up cooling and have added 6 Cells more to the battery (so now it has 12 2.2Ah Cells), runtime is 5-6 hours with no powersaving, full brightness and moderate-to-high usage, also i never got on the optimus thing, would be fun to see how long it will stay on power, but for now i enjoy 3.5Hours+ Minecraft, Flatout 2 or other "demanding" games on battery power.