PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Ubuntu 12.04 HP issues

sleepyhead414
June 16th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I have an HP g6-1032eg laptop and it runs Ubuntu. I used to have it dual-booting with Windows 7 but I ran into some problems and now it just runs Ubuntu. I installed it today and it runs bloody brilliantly! Except for 2 problems. (Well 2 main ones, the rest I can deal with)
1. The display. My laptop will only output to another display via HDMI. I don't have my own HDMI screen so this is a big problem. I just borrow my brother's if I need a screen. I made a thread about this here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1962134&highlight=sleepyhead414
Basically I fixed this same problem ages ago when I still had Windows, but now I just have Ubuntu and it is a different installation so that the problem has come back.

2. The networking. I have a Bt Hub 3. I usually connect to it using Wi-Fi as I don't like to be in one place just to browse the web. On Ubuntu, I have to have several goes at connecting to the router before it will FINALLY WORK. Or use ethernet. I can usually use someone else's laptop or netbook to make a network bridge so I can get internet access but when my laptop has had perfect internet connection for 2 months, it is REALLY annoying. I can't really check the specs of my adapter so anyone reading this will have to look at the specs of my whole laptop to find it. I know it is RealTec or something but model and things I don't have a clue about.

marinara
June 16th, 2012, 11:13 PM
please don't ask me to answer an other thread in a thread here.
please start a new post about the network problems