PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 1 packe failed to install plus 46 packages held back while updating A1!

kevpan815
June 15th, 2012, 10:21 PM
1 package failed to install plus 46 packages held back while updating 12.10 Alpha 1!

P.S. Sorry guys but I can NOT try to download the Latest Nightly Build (due to a 2 GB Download Cap that Verizon Wireless puts on my IPhone 4S Personal Hotspot), and pretty soon I am going to have used The Entire 2GB's for this Billing Cycle (which does NOT end until 07/08/2012). Our Comcast Connection belongsto my parents (I am an Adult but live with my parents due to the fact that I have a Disability) and they do NOT let me use Comcast on my Ubuntu PC due to what they say are security concerns. So pretty soon I am going to be unable to troubleshoot this problem until next month. Just FYI.

kevpan815
June 15th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I should also mention that I have already hit my 10 GB Cap (due to downloading IOS 6.0 Beta 1 last Monday) with my Verizon Wireless 551L 4G LTE USB Modem for this month (that I use on the Windows XP Partition on this PC), so that Device is useless until 07/08/2012 as well. Just FYI!

kevpan815
June 16th, 2012, 05:25 PM
The package that will not install is XDiagnose 2.7, although it seems strange that 47 packages are still being held back. Just FYI.

kevpan815
June 16th, 2012, 05:34 PM
P.S. Keep in mind that I set this installation up as a Dual Boot between Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 1, and do NOT want to risk losing my Windows XP Service Pack 3 Partition because my Dell OEM disk only includes Service Pack 2 on it and NOT Service Pack 3! Is there any way that I can change the Boot Order so that my Windows XP Service Pack 3 Partition is the Default Boot Partition on my 160 GB Hard Disk Drive? TIA.

philinux
June 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I think you need to look at one of the top 5 threads ;)

xdiagnose

kevpan815
June 16th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I think you need to look at one of the top 5 threads ;)

xdiagnose

I need more detailed instructions on how to fix this problem as I am NOT a Developer or a Computer Programmer! My Experience in Computers is Computer Networking, Just FYI.

philinux
June 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I need more detailed instructions on how to fix this problem as I am NOT a Developer or a Computer Programmer! My Experience in Computers is Computer Networking, Just FYI.

Currently the 4th thread in this forum.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2004732

See last post

kevpan815
June 16th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Currently the 4th thread in this forum.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2004732

See last post

OK, well I am probably going to have to get off the Computer in a minute (We have a Strong to possibly Severe T-Storm entering the Chicago Area right now) so I ill check back later and see if any of the Dependencies for the 47 Packages and the Breakage of XDiagnose fix themselves later when the Weather is better here.

ventrical
June 16th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I should also mention that I have already hit my 10 GB Cap (due to downloading IOS 6.0 Beta 1 last Monday) with my Verizon Wireless 551L 4G LTE USB Modem for this month (that I use on the Windows XP Partition on this PC), so that Device is useless until 07/08/2012 as well. Just FYI!

I hear ya. I have a usage program in Canada. I do not have a cap-limit but I sure do get the ramped up charges on my bill. I am now able to use a high-speed share with wi but I have to travel a little ways.

zsync has saved a lot of bandwidth.

Original topix has been solved.

kevpan815
June 16th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I hear ya. I have a usage program in Canada. I do not have a cap-limit but I sure do get the ramped up charges on my bill. I am now able to use a high-speed share with wi but I have to travel a little ways.

zsync has saved a lot of bandwidth.

Original topix has been solved.

It's not really a Cap, it's more like a choice I made to turn on Verizon Wireless's $4.99 a Month Useage Controls to prevent myself from going over.

P.S. Thanks for reminding me to mark this post as solved, I will probobly wait until Alpha 2 and then Reinstall Ubuntu when it comes out. Just fyi.