PDA

View Full Version : Xubuntu Icons?

Dragonbite
June 14th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Just recently I had Xubuntu installed, and manually added Unity (which I had to run after logging into Xfce).

The icons that were shown are different than the ones that comes with the Ubuntu w/Unity installation which I overwrote my Xubuntu with.

Does anybody know what the default icons theme are for Xubuntu, or what icons this could have been?

Bucky Ball
June 14th, 2012, 05:02 PM
The desktop environment is xfce4. Are you wanting to swap back or just get the icons?

If you want the xfce4 icons and desktop environment only (not Xubuntu) install xfce4, log out, choose 'xfce4 session' from 'Sessions' pop-up, log-in.

Elfy
June 14th, 2012, 05:03 PM
elementary XFCE is the default

Dragonbite
June 14th, 2012, 05:21 PM
elementary XFCE is the default

Thanks! I was just looking for the icons without having to install the whole desktop environment.

I'm not 100% sure it was the Xubuntu icons I was seeing, or if they were some default/fallback since Unity was installed post-Xubuntu-install and in order to get into it I had to run "unity" from the command line after logging into Xfce.

Weird, but that is one of the reasons why I decided to overwrite Xubuntu with a clean (non-pae) Ubuntu and Unity.

Can I get those icons from the repository, or should I look for plain "elementary" or go to gnome-look or xfce-look?