PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installed new 12.04 on internal iSSD, won't suspend

miatawnt2b
June 10th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I installed a new 12.04 on my Samsung series 7 laptop, and installed the core OS onto its internal 8GB iSSD drive. I put a small /boot plus /tmp /var /home and swap on the spinning media.

Problem is that the system will not suspend. I think it starts to suspend, but the system backlight remains on, and there is super high power drain. Opening the lid will not bring it back either, I have to hold the power button down to reboot. I am assuming this is because of the iSSD, but I don't know what to look for or how to fix it. Can anyone give me some help?

THanks,
-J

Redblade20XX
June 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Do you have the open-source driver or the proprietary one? Also what do you mean "super high power drain"?

-Red

miatawnt2b
June 10th, 2012, 07:14 PM
It's vanilla 12.04 installed from cd with all the updates, I didn't do anything special to get it to run on the iSSD. I simply pointed / to the iSSD drive during install.

Super high power drain... laptop gets screaming hot and will drain an entire battery in about 30 minutes if I tell the laptop to suspend.

One other thing I thought of after a bit of research... I am running 12.6 beta fglrx drivers from AMD.

I'm really not sure ehat to look for as far as logs go to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-J