PDA

View Full Version : Question about scholarships ?

forsubhi
June 9th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I am Student from Syria in the graduate year , I will get my information technology certification in September and I will get Toefl in September too , I love ubuntu and android , is there any scholarships adequate for me
please help me !

wilee-nilee
June 9th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I am Student from Syria in the graduate year , I will get my information technology certification in September and I will get Toefl in September too , I love ubuntu and android , is there any scholarships adequate for me
please help me !

It depends on your destination, there are scholarships a particular school may offer, if you are continuing in that environment, and third parties as well the web in general is probably your best help.

Ubuntu or Android specific I would not know they are part of a larger area of knowledge you would learn really.

forsubhi
June 9th, 2012, 08:38 PM
wilee-nilee (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=906928) I want fast option cos I don't want to waste my time with scholarships that I cannot get them ,I need advice from you and I can only spend 5000 dollars in year , I want to get Master and doctora in computer science of software engineering or any thing related to Android or ubuntu or any thing related to programming .

wilee-nilee
June 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM
wilee-nilee (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=906928) I want fast option cos I don't want to waste my time with scholarships that I cannot get them ,I need advice from you and I can only spend 5000 dollars in year , I want to get Master and doctora in computer science of software engineering or any thing related to Android or ubuntu or any thing related to programming .

I am not your best help really first of all, nor is the ubuntu forums probably your best, but you never know maybe some people will have some ideas for you.

Finding the colleges that offer what you want and contact them to see what they offer would probably be a good start.

As far as scholarships go it is a hard road that takes a lot of work unless you are just offered one, or qualified maybe from a ethnic standpoint. The college I just graduated from had scholarships available for African American students for example, this is in the USA.

This school a state school also charged about three times the normal tuition for not having lived in the state for a year previously.

PC_load_letter
June 11th, 2012, 02:51 PM
To get a scholarship in the US you have to prove that you are good at what you do in one way or another. Usually you have to take the GRE exams (subject + general) to apply for teaching assistant positions, where you get to teach small (recitation) classes and in return the department you work at pays your tuition and a salary to help you with your life expenses.

If you are good at research, and has probably published a paper or two in a certain field, you can contact professors who have research grants. If they like you they can offer you a research assistantship, where you don't have to teach but instead work on research projects, including your own. It also pays comparably to a GTA position. GRA positions could be very competitive specially for someone from outside the US.

Contacting the departments that have graduate programs to your liking is a very good suggestion. Since most of the deadlines for applying for Fall 2012 have expired, your best bet is to plan on applying for Fall 2013, deadlines will probably be in Dec. 2012 ~ March 2013. Good luck!

forsubhi
June 13th, 2012, 09:26 PM
thank PC_load_letter (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=379925)

can you give me some links as examples ?

PC_load_letter
June 15th, 2012, 05:07 AM
What for? Besides, you need to get used to finding stuff on your own, Google is your friend.