PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Android app's

rk0r
June 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Android!

If you have an Android device post the name of your favourite Application.

I would have to say my top app for the moment has to be

FlexR

This app is great for people who work shifts, its free to download!

odiseo77
June 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I don't know if I have a favorite Android app, since I don't use my Android tablet very often, but I'm astonished by Shazzam. (It's an app that recognizes songs playing through the speakers).

Brimwylf
June 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Dolphin Browser HD (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser)
Feedly (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devhd.feedly)

forrestcupp
June 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM
SoundHound is pretty cool.

The ones I use the most are the Kindle app and YouVersion.

kevdog
June 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM
rsync backup with firewall Knock Operator (if you are using a port knocker).

The rsync backup utility has saved my *** more than once when flashing new ROMs. Its also great for distributing backups across multiple devices and computers. Also a really easy way to share photos to computer without either plugging in or going through google to get the photos.

ExSuSEusr
June 9th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Angry Birds

zombifier25
June 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM
SwiFTP for me. No longer do I have to use a wire in order to transfer my files across the PC and the phone.

drawkcab
June 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Whenever I have trouble with apostrophe's (;)) I use these:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=english+grammar&c=apps

peter d
June 10th, 2012, 08:57 PM
My favourite is ESPNCricInfo

Great for keeping up with the cricket scores.

black veils
June 10th, 2012, 09:06 PM
opera mini

ak notepad (nice and simple, can be converted to .txt files or shared)

screen filter (real battery and eye saver, a brightness app which allows setting of multiple brightness toggle widgets, also allows for darker than default settings provide)

sms popup (plenty of options for alternative 'messages' notifications)

msn mercury free (highly configurable messenger, which also save conversation history to sd card)

cool reader (ebook reader with theme options etc)

astro file manager (good for managing those files, and doing a backup of installed apps)

LMP900
June 10th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Reddit News - It's no AlienBlue, but it's the best available on Android
Chrome (beta) - This should be the stock browser
Pocket - My "DVR" for the web
Flipboard (beta) - My favorite app on the iPad, now available for Android!

m_duck
June 10th, 2012, 11:56 PM

I must agree with that, it's pretty good. I have also been abusing Airdroid recently as I can never find a USB cable, regardless of how many I have. Additionally, Solid Explorer is easily the most aesthetically pleasing file manager I've seen - dual pane with drag and drop too IIRC.

EDIT: Might have been lying about the drag and drop...

ExSuSEusr
June 12th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Ubuntu One...

It's very NICE to maintain "non-sensitive" files and information that I can access from laptop or phone.... where ever and every where.

I say non-sensitive because I just don't trust any cloud with that sort of information.

rk0r
June 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
opera mini

ak notepad (nice and simple, can be converted to .txt files or shared)

screen filter (real battery and eye saver, a brightness app which allows setting of multiple brightness toggle widgets, also allows for darker than default settings provide)

sms popup (plenty of options for alternative 'messages' notifications)

msn mercury free (highly configurable messenger, which also save conversation history to sd card)

cool reader (ebook reader with theme options etc)

astro file manager (good for managing those files, and doing a backup of installed apps)

+1 on the " Astro File Manager "
Good app for exploring wifi shares on pc's and your mobiles files!

HansKisaragi
June 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
the best APP on the entire google play market place is Splashtop.. Only wish it had Linux support.

Its not compatible with tablets yet

rk0r
June 14th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Just found a great app for notes and organising.

Evernote

Worth having a look on app market / PLAY.. ?

m_duck
June 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah Evernote is pretty good, though I tend not to want all the features on my phone.

That said, it also has a web interface and official OSX and Windows clients. There is also NixNote (formerly NeverNote?) for Linux, though I've always just used the web client on Linux.

rk0r
June 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Yeah Evernote is pretty good, though I tend not to want all the features on my phone.

That said, it also has a web interface and official OSX and Windows clients. There is also NixNote (formerly NeverNote?) for Linux, though I've always just used the web client on Linux.

Ill check that out, i was using catcha notes ? that was pretty good also, same concept.

m_duck
June 14th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Ill check that out, i was using catcha notes ? that was pretty good also, same concept.

I used to use Catch as well, but haven't for a while. IIRC they kept adding features, where before it was all nice and simple. I just seem to flit between stuff. I currently have a bit of a SimpleNote / Dropbox / Epistle / Resoph bodge going on.

EDIT: @LMP900 - Reddit Sync is a nice one I've stumbled upon more recently.

Phrea
June 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM
TeslaLED has to be right up there.

JanneM
June 15th, 2012, 01:41 AM
NewsRob is a good RSS reader when you have a lot of feeds (and it syncs with Google Reader).

RealCalc is a good calculator that does RPN. Check out Addi if you need something a little more powerful (and Matlab compatible) ^_^

Ubuntu One for sync.

I can't decide between Aldiko or FBReader; they're both good book readers, but sometimes a book will work better in one or the other.

Aedict Japanese-English dictionary. Not everybody needs it, but if you do, you really need it.

Lightstar
June 15th, 2012, 03:00 AM
QuickPic for picture browsing

Winamp for music

3G Watchdog to make sure I don't bust my data :S

Dropbox

Solid Explorer

Opera Mini

That's pretty much what I always install after a phone reset or installing a custom rom.

MisterGaribaldi
June 15th, 2012, 04:43 AM
When it comes to apostrophes, why would you need an app for that? Learn to do it correctly, and then do so. Geez. How lazy are people these days anyhow...

Favorite apps for me include Better Terminal Emulator Pro, a good SFTP app, and Angry Birds. Oh, yeah, and SoundHound ftw!

DingusFett
June 15th, 2012, 05:31 AM
I don't use my phone for a lot as I'm usually near a computer, but the most common programs I use are my bank's app, Facebook, Gmail, and Sudoku Plus.

adduds
June 15th, 2012, 05:42 AM
1. Ubuntu One: easy picture cloud service back ups
2. Connect Bot: for simple ssh connections
3, SamyGo Remote: great for anyone with samsung TV on wifi use your phone for your remote
4. ScoreMobile for sports
5. GoSMSPro for text messaging
6. MyCoffeeCard great for starbucks can use a digital barcode linked to your account off your phone, even better share it with someone (ie. wife) to get stars quicker

ads2996
June 16th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Wunderlist!

Its the prefect app to keep my life in order an makes sure I get my tasks done on time.

rk0r
June 19th, 2012, 06:41 PM
100 floors!

this game has to be one of the best puzzle games i have played on a phone and its FREE!.