PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Youtube videos, playing wrong colours?

rubberduck1968
June 5th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hi all,

I'm suck here and need some help with this problem of Youtube playing wrong colours on its videos. Reds are blue, yellows are green and so on. It's only YouTube's web site that seems to have this problem for me, any other site, like BBC iPlayer doesn't have a issue with the video playback. Even videos from my camera are fine aswell as DVD's.
At first I thought it was FireFox or maybe Flashplayer add-on's but cannot find anything on forums or Google. Ive tried uninstalling, then reinstalling FireFox and Adobe Flash but to no avail.
If I download a YouTube video to my desktop it works fine, colours are all correct, any else had this problem?

P.S. I'm running Nutty 11.10

Cheers, Martin.

haqking
June 5th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Hi all,

I'm suck here and need some help with this problem of Youtube playing wrong colours on its videos. Reds are blue, yellows are green and so on. It's only YouTube's web site that seems to have this problem for me, any other site, like BBC iPlayer doesn't have a issue with the video playback. Even videos from my camera are fine aswell as DVD's.
At first I thought it was FireFox or maybe Flashplayer add-on's but cannot find anything on forums or Google. Ive tried uninstalling, then reinstalling FireFox and Adobe Flash but to no avail.
If I download a YouTube video to my desktop it works fine, colours are all correct, any else had this problem?

P.S. I'm running Nutty 11.04

Cheers, Martin.

Probably Nvidia related.

Right click on the video and disable hardware acceleration then reload the video.

Peace

rubberduck1968
June 5th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Probably Nvidia related.

Right click on the video and disable hardware acceleration then reload the video.

Thank you for your reply, just tried it, can't untick the box and then it crashes.

Martin.

rubberduck1968
June 6th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Its got to something to do with Adobe Flash player, only I can't work out why it's not working right. There just seems no way to cure this problem. Seems if I roll back the the Flash update version some videos play normally others cannot play without the update. Any video set up to play the new YouTube HTML5 player work ok.
I've tried updating everything, uninstalling, changing add-ons and even reinstalled FireFox, nothing will let me use the Flash player settings and disable hardware acceleration . Perhaps its a 'Nvidia' thing after all or maybe new update from Adobe would help, either that or I'll try using Google Chrome and see if that works.

Anyone comes up with a fix or ideas, I'm all ears!

Martin.

GoodPanos
June 7th, 2012, 06:22 AM
It's like watching the Blue Man Show :lolflag:

Anyways, I end up having to remove Adobe Flash Plugin. It worked fine then both with Chrome and Firefox.

Some specs in case it helps:

Using Lubunut 12.04

nVidia Graphics Card

rez182
June 8th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I have the same problem. All flash videos have blue colour...

rubberduck1968
June 9th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Nice to I'm not the only view the YouTube world in 'Avatar' mode.

As for removing Adobe Flash Plugins, I find I can't watch anything, not even the news channels. So how do you get around this without Adobe GoodPanos?

Martin.

devanson
June 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Nice to I'm not the only view the YouTube world in 'Avatar' mode.

As for removing Adobe Flash Plugins, I find I can't watch anything, not even the news channels. So how do you get around this without Adobe GoodPanos?

Martin.

IS there any updates on this issue?

Curtis6767
June 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
IS there any updates on this issue?

If you're using the latest version of Firefox, 13/14, then go to Firefox plugins and download Flash-Aid.

Flash support is built into Chrome, so if you're using Chrome and getting this error then it's something else.

darkod also has some tips in the linked thread. Scroll to post #3.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1983218

dodo3773
June 16th, 2012, 07:52 PM
This problem is related to a conflict in flash and the nvidia vdpau library. You need to either patch vdpau to get it to work correctly or downgrade flash to an older version.

rubberduck1968
June 16th, 2012, 08:21 PM
If you're using the latest version of Firefox, 13/14, then go to Firefox plugins and download Flash-Aid.

Flash support is built into Chrome, so if you're using Chrome and getting this error then it's something else.

darkod also has some tips in the linked thread. Scroll to post #3.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1983218

Thanks for that, think that's my next port of call having read that thread. If that doesn't work I'll try dodo3773 idea.

Martin.

Autodave
June 16th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Thank you for your reply, just tried it, can't untick the box and then it crashes.

Martin.

First of all, try maximizing the video to full screen and then try clicking to disable hardware acceleration: that usually works.

If that does not work, try the Flask Aid plug in.

Lastly, if all else fails, install GNASH from the repositories.

No matter what you do, exit Firefox and then go back in to see if it worked.

anewguy
June 16th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Take a look at this (http://askubuntu.com/questions/117127/flash-video-appears-blue) thread.

Dave ;)

rubberduck1968
June 16th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Yay! it's sorted, I downloaded 'Flash-Aid' and it's cured the problem. Don't know if will work with every PC but it worked here.

Thanks to everyone for there help and advise.

Martin.