PDA

View Full Version : Should I get another computer mouse?

Skara Brae
June 4th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I have installed Xubuntu on an old computer of mine, tonight. The mouse that I am using is a Microsoft mouse - i.e. the name Microsoft is on it.
No, I didn't buy it, of course.

Should I get another mouse? :)

Or perhaps I should make a picture of the mouse and the monitor screen and send it to Microsoft to pester them a little :P

(Alright, this is the Community Café, so a posting like this is ok, isn't it?)

-oo-

Gee, I am using a Microsoft mouse. I must get me a new one tomorrow.

Face-Ache
June 4th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Is the mouse broken? If not, i wouldn't worry about it saying Microsoft on it.

Heh, i haven't even bothered to take off the sticker on this old laptop i've inherited, that says "Designed for Microsoft Windows XP", and i'm running Lubuntu :)

Old_Grey_Wolf
June 5th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I've got several "Frankenstein computers" made from miscellaneous parts. I really don't care what brand the parts are or what sticker is on them. What matters to me is the parts are working.

:lolflag:

I also run Windows Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu, Xubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, and so fourth. Some as dual boot, in virtual machines, or standalone operating systems.

Or perhaps I should make a picture of the mouse and the monitor screen and send it to Microsoft to pester them a little :P

I think that photo would just make them laugh. I don't think they are worried about Ubuntu, if it was Android or Chromium OS then maybe.

:lolflag:

MadmanRB
June 5th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Sctually Microsoft does make some decent computer mice, especially the bluetrack ones :D
I had one though the mouse wheel died making it unusuable

drawkcab
June 5th, 2012, 04:16 AM
My first laser mouse was a microsoft and it was pretty nice.

Warpnow
June 5th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Sctually Microsoft does make some decent computer mice, especially the bluetrack ones :D
I had one though the mouse wheel died making it unusuable

+1 Microsoft does this one thing very well. :-p

The Microsoft Mouses (Mice?) are very ergonomic.

roelforg
June 5th, 2012, 07:04 AM
+1 Microsoft does this one thing very well. :-p

The Microsoft Mouses (Mice?) are very ergonomic.

Agreed, ms can do SOME things right (their keyboards aren't bad at all either).

Skara Brae
June 8th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Well, I got me another mouse (a Logitech one). I think MS hardware with Linux is just not done :) It would be like, I dunno, the Ferrari logo on a Lamborghini :p

Paqman
June 8th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Well, I got me another mouse (a Logitech one). I think MS hardware with Linux is just not done :) It would be like, I dunno, the Ferrari logo on a Lamborghini :p

That would be like Microsoft contributing to the Linux kernel!

Oh wait...

Dlambert
June 8th, 2012, 11:18 PM
that would be like microsoft contributing to the linux kernel!

Oh wait...
+1

Dr. C
June 8th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I have had excellent results with Microsoft mice and keyboards when using GNU / Linux. I wish I could say the same thing for Microsoft mice and keyboards when using Microsoft Windows.