PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] istallation from other linux

wtq4er
May 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
i have working gentoo and i'm trying to install ubuntu without cd and usb flash. im using ths guide https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromLinux and i get all the time stupid message from live system that medium with live cd data not found. i also tried to use option LIVEMEDIA=/dev/sdb1 but still the same stupid error.
i made all partitions and wrote into grub.conf all needed:

title installer
root (hd0,5)
kernel /casper/vmlinuz boot=casper root=/dev/ram ramdisk_size=1048576 rw
initrd /casper/initrd.lz
live cd start booting and then sticks on looking for medium with live cd lol
i haven't yet tried to use the alternative cd.
the fact is that my pc can't boot from usb and cd rom always read with errors.
thanks for any help.

wtq4er
May 25th, 2012, 12:09 PM
OK, note3 that recommends to

simply use the boot option live-media=/dev/sdb1 or LIVEMEDIA=/dev/sdb1, referring to the usb device holding the ISO.actually works, but you should copy to usb not ISO as it's written there but the content of ISO. Those are different things i suppose. If anyone has access to edit this (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromLinux) document, please correct there what i said above.
I'm writing from ubuntu live environment now. And we'll see if there would be errors during installation.

wtq4er
May 25th, 2012, 12:28 PM
allright here's new ****. i get this:

Возникла проблема при копировании файлов на жёсткий диск:

[Errno 5] Input/output error

Это часто происходит из-за неисправности CD/DVD диска, привода, или жёсткого диска. Возможно поможет очистка CD/DVD диска, либо запись CD/DVD на более низкой скорости, либо очистка линз CD/DVD привода (соответствующие комплекты для очистки доступны в продаже), возможно жёсткий диск уже очень старый и нуждается в замене, либо необходимо переместить оборудование в более проветриваемое место.It says that i have bad CD/DVD lol. I tried both - install using flash as source of livecd contents and hdd partition as source( Yep, that is possible too, just need to put option LIVEMEDIA=/dev/sda6 in my case) - in both cases same ****. What the hech is this? corrupt iso image? or some errors when using rsync /iso-mount/ /destination-device/