PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] No Battery Indicator in Menu Bar

eclipsechasers2
May 24th, 2012, 04:37 PM
With 12.04, battery indicator has disappeared from menu bar. Trying "System Settings" "Power", there is a place to indicate "Show battery status in the menu bar"; possibilities are "when battery is present", "when battery is charging", or "never". This option always shows up as blank. When I select any of the options, nothing changes. Furthermore, when I return to this page, the option again shows up as blank. All other options on the power panel are remembered when I change them.

May 25th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Same thing here.

Not sure what it means, but when I run

sudo gnome-control-center
and click on the 'Power' icon I can see the following error message

Error getting devices: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMeth od: No such interface `org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Power' on object at path /org/gnome/SettingsDaemon/Power
However, this error is not shown when gnome-control-center is run as a regular user.

Edit 1:
It might also be interesting to note that the log in screen does show a battery indicator and that I'm running GNOME Classic (No effects).

Edit 2:
I added 'Indicator Applet' to the panel and it shows a battery status icon. But it also shows an icon for sound and mail which I would rather not have.

eclipsechasers2
May 28th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Thank you. Adding the indicator applet works. Like you, I would prefer to get rid of some of the icons, but I would rather have the superfluous data rather than be missing the indicators I want.