PDA

View Full Version : Best way to run MAME using sixaxis

vapor0
May 24th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hi everybody,

I used to have KXmame running on this machine with my PS3 controllers, all mapped nicely, and worked beautifully. I used an earlier program that wasn't QTsixa.

Now KXmame refuses to run, complaining about kde3 libs that aren't installable. :confused:

How do I run MAME with a gui mapped to my sixaxis controllers?

Has anybody done this recently? What's the best way?

Thanks in advance. :)

vapor0
May 25th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Is it just me, or has the Linux community changed a lot since we had this big influx of users who don't give a crap about Linux and just use it because it's free? Used to be, if you posted to a Linux forum with a question, an answer would probably be forthcoming.

In case this thread gets into the Google search results, I've partially answered my own question: QMC2 is now the only usable MAME gui.

Hope that helps.

disturbedite
May 26th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Yes, IMO the best frontend/GUI for MAME is QMC2. As for using the sixaxis, you have it right, QtSixA is a must.

nll
May 26th, 2012, 12:41 AM
You didn't get an answer in 24 hours not necessarily because users don't give a crap about Linux, but probably because you had a very specific problem. Not many people use KDE, and not many people who use KDE use KXMAME, and not many people who use KDE and use KXMAME follow the Ubuntu Forums, and those who do follow may not watch it everyday, so this reduces the number of people who could help you within onde day. Please be patient.