PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu software center not working

soumoks
May 23rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Everytime i launch the sw center it opens up for abt 2 minutes,then becomes black,i had recently changed the source of the download for the center from "server India",to the best available,the problem started to occur after doing this,i have reinstalled the sw center package using synaptic,but the problem continues..i have tried
sudo apt-get install --reinstall software-center as well,i guess its the same,but no progress,pls help me out here guys,thanks..:),btw i am running ubuntu 12.04.

soumoks
May 26th, 2012, 04:50 AM
help me out here,guys what do i do?,now i use synaptic,but can't read reviews in synaptic,and i really liked ubuntu sw center..:)

soumoks
May 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM
did a fresh install as nothin else worked:(

PeterP24
May 29th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Since you chose such a radical choice of dealing with the issue - may I assume that the synaptic way didn't work either?

d4m1r
May 29th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Can you please try launch it from terminal and post the exact error messages here?

soumoks
May 31st, 2012, 07:36 AM
Since you chose such a radical choice of dealing with the issue - may I assume that the synaptic way didn't work either?

no synaptic didn't work,actually i reinstalled sw center from synaptic but didn't help..

soumoks
May 31st, 2012, 07:37 AM
Can you please try launch it from terminal and post the exact error messages here?

Not getting any errors now,look at the above post, i reinstalled ubuntu only..:p