PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Question re; Display managers

Miykel
May 14th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Is there a way I could change between several display managers ???
Regards Miykel

ronacc
May 14th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Install them and they will be available at login from the session menu .

Miykel
May 14th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks Ronacc; I may be on a different tangent here, what I meant was, sat, lightdm or gdm,that kind thing.
Regards Miykel

jfernyhough
May 14th, 2012, 12:54 PM
When you install a second DM dpkg will prompt you to choose which loads by default. You can change it by running $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm (or $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm) and choosing the DM you want. It doesn't seem to matter which one you reconfigure, you get the list of all currently installed.

ronacc
May 14th, 2012, 02:08 PM
just open synaptic and install them ,I just installed lxde and lubuntu ( searched on lxde in synaptic and installed everthing that came up, ) I now have on my login session menu , Gnome (Gnome-shell) , gnome classic , Gnome/openbox , LXDE , lubuntu , lubuntu Netbook , openbox ,Ubuntu ( unity 3D ) , unity 2D . I have also had Gnome and KDE on the same install .

zombifier25
May 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM
just open synaptic and install them ,I just installed lxde and lubuntu ( searched on lxde in synaptic and installed everthing that came up, ) I now have on my login session menu , Gnome (Gnome-shell) , gnome classic , Gnome/openbox , LXDE , lubuntu , lubuntu Netbook , openbox ,Ubuntu ( unity 3D ) , unity 2D . I have also had Gnome and KDE on the same install .

You're not reading do you? :popcorn: OP was asking for LightDM/GDM/KDM/etc which jfernyhough answered nicely.

Miykel
May 14th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks so much jfernyhough, thats exactly what I was looking for, and thanks to everyone else for the help
Kind Regards Miykel