PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "The package X needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it."

FrogX
May 11th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Hey!

I dived into the Linux world a few months ago, running Ubuntu 11.10 atm. I am now facing a problem that prevents me from updating my system.

I recently tried to install openoffice from an archive containing dozens of debs. That apparently didn't go flawlessly. The error I am facing is that I have a package cranking up my Update Manager.

The error constantly displayed in the upper right corner is:

"(E:The package ooobasis3.4-calc:i386 needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.') This usally means that your installed packages have unmet dependencies."

Why doesn't it find the archive? Tried reinstalling the deb but I get the same error messege.

Would be very, very grateful for some assistance in this matter!

cariboo
May 12th, 2012, 12:00 AM
How did you install OpenOffice? was it from a ppa, or did you just download the .debs from somewhere?

FrogX
May 12th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Downloaded a tar.gz with .debs.

This one to be exact:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86_insta ll-deb_en-US.tar.gz/download

Then I just tried to install all packages using sudo dpkg -i *.deb.

All except the above mentioned package got, seemingly, installed complaint-free.