PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Dash right-click ceases to work 12.04

rhdinah
May 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM
At some point in time the Dash right-click menu fails to appear in Ubuntu 12.04 Unity. If anything it displays the same menu as just hovering over the launcher icon, but I do believe that right-click is just not functioning at all.

All updates in place.

Left-click works fine.

So far the only way I can see to prevent this is a complete re-install which is, to say the least, inconvenient.

Any one else observe this? Any work around out there? Should this be logged as a bug, because I cannot find another match in this forum ... not exactly ... there are a few, but slightly different descriptions of what I'm seeing. Thanks!

[As an aside ... I'm running this copy of Ubuntu within VirtualBox ... although I've also observed the exact same phenomena running right on the hardware.]

rhdinah
August 15th, 2012, 07:22 PM
At some point in time the Dash right-click menu fails to appear in Ubuntu 12.04 Unity. If anything it displays the same menu as just hovering over the launcher icon, but I do believe that right-click is just not functioning at all.

All updates in place.

Left-click works fine.

So far the only way I can see to prevent this is a complete re-install which is, to say the least, inconvenient.

Any one else observe this? Any work around out there? Should this be logged as a bug, because I cannot find another match in this forum ... not exactly ... there are a few, but slightly different descriptions of what I'm seeing. Thanks!

[As an aside ... I'm running this copy of Ubuntu within VirtualBox ... although I've also observed the exact same phenomena running right on the hardware.]

Actually this works ... just not clear to a newbie Unity user ...