PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Thunderbird 13.0b1

pressureman
May 10th, 2012, 06:37 AM
It's that time again, ladies and gentlemen. The next beta version of Thunderbird just landed in the repos, and as usual, the Lightning calendar addon hasn't quite caught up. It also has a few odd theme issues.

If you need Lightning to to work, I suggest you apt pin Thunderbird at 12.0 for a bit longer, until Lightning gets rebuilt.

Add the following to your /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: thunderbird*
Pin: version 12.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1
Pin-Priority: 1001

Miykel
May 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I just installed the 13 version and it seems fine, even added the nautilus add on,looks very nice.
Regards Miykel

pressureman
May 10th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I'm sure it's ok to use - but the point of my post was that if you're reliant on Lightning calendar addon, you should hold back for now, as it is not compatible with TB 13.

If you're not using Lightning... go for it... live on the edge ;-)

I just thought the toolbars looked a bit strange, like they weren't picking up the desktop theme.

Miykel
May 10th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what is lightning, is the lightdm or is something else.???
Regards Miykel

cariboo907
May 10th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Lightning is a calendar add-on for Thunderbird, search the Software Centre or synaptic for xul-ext-lightning.

Miykel
May 11th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Thanks Guys, The add on I was talking about is the Nautilus add on which gives a nice appearance in Thunderbird and Firefox.
Regards Miykel