PDA

View Full Version : Android apps help

jakovo
May 9th, 2012, 01:40 AM
first of all hi. okay here the deal i been learning and doing programing for some time and one a friend tells me "u are getting good at programing, ever considered doing some android apps or ipod apps or something like that" so i decided to try android apps developing but till now the only learning source i have are thenewboston tutorials on yuoutube . any advice on what can i use to learn or develop?

cajual
May 9th, 2012, 03:17 AM
stackoverflow.com

Look at examples.

What is it called? That thing that interpreted language programmers do? Something like crash dummy design. Implement something, run it, fix it. I primarily program in blocks, module after module.

forsubhi
May 9th, 2012, 03:27 AM
1- See book pro Android 3 , it is very important
( fist five chapter are the most important )

2- you can download these videos from torrentz.eu
Developing Android Applications with Java

ask me any additional Question about android , I am interested about it .

11jmb
May 9th, 2012, 05:57 AM
To start out, just program a few trivial programs. Hello World type programs, switching between simple views, etc.

Start thinking about a simple app to develop towards. Perhaps a tic-tac-toe game, or something that uses GPS to track your mileage & speed when you exercise.

Again, these first programs are going to be trivial, but the sooner you can think in terms of complete applications rather than throwaway programs, the better. Then, you can think about how to extend these applications to use more features, for example, sending your running routes to a friend, or playing a game of tic-tac-toe with a friend.

After making improvements to your simple apps, try to think of some more sophisticated applications. Rinse and repeat.

My best advice (this is not just for Android, either) is that even though cheap throwaway programs are necessary at first, you should move away from them as quickly as possible, and make something real. Even if it is a simple application, it's still an application, not "hello, x". Games with simple logical rules are often a good place to start.