PDA

View Full Version : There's a mouse in my room brought in by my cat...

Thehumorouscheese
May 5th, 2012, 10:26 PM
i'll attach a few pictures in a minute.

right now, it's stuck behind a dresser which is way too heavy to move.

my cats pacing around it and occasionally swiping at the walls to try and get it out, with no avail.

i thought you'd be interested :lol:

not found
May 5th, 2012, 10:31 PM

my cats pacing around it and occasionally swiping at the walls to try and get it out, with no avail.

Funny pictures of cat - +1 internet to poster...
Bloody pictures of mouse - +1 infraction to poster...

papibe
May 5th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hi Thehumorouscheese.

I know the situation very well.

Advice: if your cat hasn't her rabies shots up-to-date, please take her away.

Regards.

Thehumorouscheese
May 5th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hi Thehumorouscheese.

Advice: if your cat hasn't her rabies shots up-to-date, please take it away.

Regards.

:D

Rabies doesn't exist in the UK, I'm afraid.

bare with me while i find the wire for my camera.

it seems my cat's brought in not one but two mice, one upstairs, one downstairs.

i can't actually get to the mouse to take a photo yet because it's lodged that far in...

i've got plenty of the cat. (they're a bit blurry though - either the image stabilizer fails, or i'm getting old far too quickly...)

Thehumorouscheese
May 5th, 2012, 11:12 PM
UPDATE:

my cat's taken them out of my room, but she's left them dead outside and wandered off. (lovely!)

http://i50.tinypic.com/213kryt.jpg

an image of a dead mouse would be far too gruesome for Ubuntu forums to allow, so here's my version of the scene outside my bedroom door.

http://i47.tinypic.com/25eznlz.jpg

time to clean it up it seems.

thanks cat!
](*,)

not found
May 5th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I see your cat has a bell... are the mice deaf over there? :p

Thehumorouscheese
May 5th, 2012, 11:20 PM
that was my sister's touch

:D

(thanks for hotlinking the image charlesA, it wouldn't crop using the post editor.)

Bandit
May 6th, 2012, 12:15 AM
LOL you got a good cat. But I dont know what funnier, the pic of your mouse or the fact that a pic of a dead mouse would be against forum rules.. :lolflag:

Although got to draw the line I guess, bloody mouse pic today, tomorrow someone would post pics off 1000 ways to die. So understandable, but still funny..

jskill5990
May 6th, 2012, 12:17 AM

Lol this is classic!

Linuxratty
May 6th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Hi Thehumorouscheese.

Advice: if your cat hasn't her rabies shots up-to-date, please take her away.

Regards.

X wildlife rehabber here. Rodents are resistant to rabies. Mice are an end vector,that means they won't survive an attack by a rabid animal.They will be eaten. Rodents don't "carry" rabies and yes,there is no rabies in the UK.

To the OP,if you keep your cat indoors this sort of thing will stop happening. It astounds me the damage cats do to native wildlife,yet they are allowed outside by the millions mauling wildlife and slaughtering song birds across the globe. And just because you "rescue" a creature from a cat,it's not over yet because of the toxic brew in cat's saliva.
For birds and mammals you have a window of around 45 hours to get the creature to a wildlife center after a cat attack before the toxins in the cat's saliva send the creature into shock and it dies. The smallest nick can introduce saliva into the blood stream and can and does kill a creature that appears healthy..So keep your cats indoors.

Thehumorouscheese
May 8th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Our cat only seems to be capable of catching mice (not field mice), rats and pigeons.

i wouldn't be particularly worried about her destroying the UK's population of animals.