PDA

View Full Version : To the point comments about Pangolia

Hector23
April 29th, 2012, 06:32 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure Jason Perlow's comments are to the point because I was unable to test Pangolin myself.

There's no way I'm going to install the Pangolin and get stuck with it if I don't like it because it's a nightmare to uninstall. So I decided to test Gnome with the LiveCD. I hate Unity. I could write books about why, but I won't. So, let's only say it's only personal preferences. Of course.

Unfortunately, Gnome has been made uninstallable with a LiveCD. (Yes, that's it, try it out!) So my test will stop here. I would already have more to rant about than Perlow. I feel exactly like him: a total let down. Here is his opinion:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/why-ubuntu-1110-fills-me-with-rage/19103?tag=content;siu-container

claracc
April 29th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Is this a support question?

oldos2er
April 29th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Moved to Recurring.

Version Dependency
April 29th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Wait...you can't test out ubuntu with Gnome Shell because it's not on the LiveCD? SOMEONE GET ME THE PRESIDENT ON THE PHONE!

Have you people never heard of virtualbox? Talk about whining for the sake of whining.

sffvba[e0rt
April 29th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I guess one does what one can to try and make a living these days...

xyzzyman
May 1st, 2012, 05:36 AM
It's a LiveCD. Installing apps is on thing, but an entire DE requires you to log out/log in which just isn't going to work within the way LiveCD's are designed.

There exists a live CD of an ubuntu remix with gnome 3.4 and I have it open in a tab but out of spite I'm not going to post it and you can google it instead. Unless it's going to make you full of rage like the putz in that zdnet article. It's an OS. If it's not for you move on. It's a tool not anything that important.