PDA

View Full Version : I have free memory for someone in need

anewguy
April 28th, 2012, 04:57 PM
lkraemer did me a big favor a few years ago and sent me a modem I desperately needed. I've tried to play it forward with everything I can ever since.

This is for someone truely in need - low income, disabled, etc..

Before I sold my old PC I upgraded it to 16gb memory. I therefore have 2 sticks of 2gb each DDR2-1333 (PC3-10666) OCZ desktop memory I would like to give to someone in need. It should help them run Ubuntu.

Please really be someone in need. I'm disabled myself so I know how hard it can be to come up with money to buy something like this.

No cost to you at all. Will ship it after May 3 (I have to wait for my disability payment before I can afford to ship it ;) ).

Dave ;)

Onesimus
April 28th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Dear ANewGuy,

I would be v. happy to receive some more memory !

Onesimus

oldos2er
April 28th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Not an Ubuntu support question; moved to Community Cafe.

juancarlospaco
April 28th, 2012, 06:34 PM
You are a Hero of solidarity :)
i got DDR3 already

anewguy
April 28th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Dear ANewGuy,

I would be v. happy to receive some more memory !

Onesimus

Are you disabled or in some other way on a very low income? I want to be sure it goes to someone in NEED, not in WANT.

anewguy
April 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Not an Ubuntu support question; moved to Community Cafe.

Thanks Ann, I forgot!! Hope you're having a good one!

Dave ;)

Uncle Spellbinder
April 28th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Very nice gesture, anewguy. I love good karma.

wlraider70
April 29th, 2012, 01:13 AM
good for you.

anewguy
April 29th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Forgot to mention - continental U.S. only please. I just don't want extra hassles for shipping. Sorry!

Dave ;)

Bandit
April 29th, 2012, 01:45 AM
A noble gester.

BTW, Got any DDR400 or 333.. My daughter has a PC needing 2x 1GB sticks to get it up and running. I would refund shipping cost for you in a heart beat. :)

anewguy
April 29th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Nope, only the DDR3-1333.

Onesimus
April 29th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Are you disabled or in some other way on a very low income? I want to be sure it goes to someone in NEED, not in WANT.

@ANewGuy: I replied in haste, and have now checked my PC specs and the memory you offer is not compatible.

anewguy
April 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Nobody? I guess if I don't get a reply in the next couple of days I'll take it over to the local high school and see if they can use it.

sea_dawg
April 30th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Have a look at this organisation. http://interconnection.org/ I believe they pay the shipping. While not specifically for disabled persons, it is for those in need.

mamamia88
April 30th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I could use some of that. What time do I start work again?

wolfen69
April 30th, 2012, 07:02 PM
A noble gester.

BTW, Got any DDR400 or 333.. My daughter has a PC needing 2x 1GB sticks to get it up and running. I would refund shipping cost for you in a heart beat. :)
I might have some I no longer need that I used when I had a pc repair business. I'll PM you if I do and we can hammer out the details. I don't want money for them, but since I'm poor now, shipping would be nice.

anewguy
May 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM
I could use some of that. What time do I start work again?

Are you disabled, on disability or low income? Please be honest as I want this to go to someone who needs it but can't afford it.

mamamia88
May 1st, 2012, 02:09 PM
Are you disabled, on disability or low income? Please be honest as I want this to go to someone who needs it but can't afford it.

I am low income but the memory would do me know good. It was a joke you mustn't have picked up on.

anewguy
May 1st, 2012, 09:33 PM
I am low income but the memory would do me know good. It was a joke you mustn't have picked up on.

By the time I was writing my post I couldn't remember what you wrote. :)

Dave ;)