PDA

View Full Version : I need programs help me in toefl

forsubhi
April 23rd, 2012, 12:36 AM
I should get toefl in three month , my native language is Arabic , my English is so so ,so I need programs to help me in learning vocabulary , grammar .listening

please don't be stingy , but your links :lolflag:

PeterP24
April 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
I remember a few years ago I stumbled upon a website, livemocha.com, which was specifically crafted for people to learn foreign languages. I took the French and German courses. The format of the courses was quite nice. You started with some low level courses like French 101 which taught you very simple phrases and some vocabulary and advance to more complex things. Everything was taught including pronunciation of those simple phrases by native speakers of that language. The exercises where cute also: besides classical approach like "this is the word, now tell me its translation" there were some section in which you composed a text based on everything you learned that far - and you had to record your pronunciation of that text also, the idea being that the native speakers would hear it and offer you feedback on it so you can improve. Another cool feature - you could have live audio sessions with native speakers so that you could have a conversation in the language you tried to learn in real time. There was even a pay option which would put you in contact with a native speaker teacher who could supervise you and offer supplementary material - never took it so I don't know much about it.

Now, that was some time ago - I don't even know if livemocha exists - but the idea that you can learn foreign languages online was cool and I suspect that it was copied be several websites (check it out with Google). Also, I don't know what is the level of the English TOEFL expects from you - but the idea of learning a language online while interacting with other people (native speakers or not) seems better than learning alone at home from a book.

coldraven
April 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Have a look at Anki, it is in the Software Centre.
"Anki is a program designed to help you remember facts (such as words and phrases in a foreign language) as easily, quickly and efficiently as possible. To do this, it tracks how well you remember each fact, and uses that information to optimally schedule review times."

forsubhi
April 24th, 2012, 08:25 PM
tnank you I 'll see these suggestions .. ):P

forsubhi
April 24th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Is Anki support sounds ?