PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Remove shortcut from gnome launcher 12.04

noodles19
April 19th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Okay so here is the problem, I can't figure out for the life of me how to remove a shortcut I dragged into the launcher. I know this is going to be something simple but lol I need it pointed out apparently bc I couldn't find a post or google search that helped... attached screen shot so when this is solved it'll easily be explained for anyone with the same shameful problem.

wojox
April 19th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Right click -> Remove from panel?

kazztan0325
April 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Right click -> Remove from panel?

We have to press Alt + Right-Click to move/add/edit panels or applets or launchers on GNOME Classic Session.

noodles19
April 19th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Right click > Remove from panel isn't an option. The options are launch and properties and I attached a view of the property menu for kicks. Now before I upgraded to 12.04 I was able to use alt+right click and remove an item but that doesn't work any more. I had a few issues when I upgraded, compiz reset itself and took off the window decorations and the shortcut for terminal. I had to download the compiz settings manager and hop in there and start going click happy. Could these be related to why the alt+right click is no longer working???

kazztan0325
April 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Then try to press Super(= Windows key) + Alt + Right-Click and see if it would work.

noodles19
April 20th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Then try to press Super(= Windows key) + Alt + Right-Click and see if it would work.

smh That did the trick... I hope this thread solves this for the poor fools like me :lolflag:

kaginken
July 19th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Don't feel bad - I had to find this post to get that myself! :D

raen
August 5th, 2012, 09:36 PM
smh That did the trick... I hope this thread solves this for the poor fools like me :lolflag:

Yes, in fact. This is exactly the information I needed just now.

Thank you!
raen

ayalawliet
August 17th, 2012, 06:44 AM

Been spending quite an amount of time trying to figure out how to remove the icon. Thanks for this :D

erippy
August 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
press Super(= Windows key) + Alt + Right-Click

-- Thank you, Kazztan!
Ed
:p

Bezukhov
September 7th, 2012, 01:35 AM
And another one of Life's Little Mysteries solved. Thank you for the info. This has been driving me insane.

kiwi_steve
October 25th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Just what I needed as well... Thanks Kazztan.

I'd love someone to explain why this bizzare key-combo is required though? Why is the 'delete' or 'remove' option not where most people would expect to find it, in the right-click menu?

Is this a Gnome thing? Or a Canonical thing? Or just an annoying thing?

betterhands
November 3rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
thanks for this. wonder when the Super key came into play. tried other combinations with ctrl and alt, but not that key.

rongdenpr
December 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM

Thanks

mickeyf
December 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Right. And suppose you have a keyboard that does not have a "Windows" key???

zuheyr
February 3rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Thank you! I think the fool is not the one who cannot remove ... :)

Yasho
June 10th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks a lot kazztan, really. I did the same thing by mistake (dragged too many icons to the bar), and couldn't for the love of things get them off. I even had to resort to logging back into Unity. Wife and kids were quite upset about the change inthe desktop.
Super+ALT+Right-Click worked wonderfully for me.

zuheyr2
September 7th, 2013, 06:52 AM
I think it is not foolish to not know such impossible to remember unbelievable key combinations.
Why would anyone want that!?

Thanks God there is the Ubuntu community...