PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] making calls with Twinkle or other Linux smartphones

vegan1
April 16th, 2012, 02:56 AM
I just installed Twinkle and paid $15 for a Diamondcard, and I don't know how to make calls with them. Can the Diamondcard credit I just bought be used with other Linux smartphone programs?

How does the program receive calls? Is there voicemail? Do I have to pay extra for these features?:confused:

Docaltmed
April 16th, 2012, 03:00 AM
When you signed up for diamondcard you should have a phone number assigned to you. Create a new account on Twinkle and put in your username and password so that twinkle can register. When twinkle is running, your incoming calls will cause twinkle to notify you, and then you answer your call. To make a call, just dial out via twinkle. Remember to use your country code.

vegan1
April 16th, 2012, 03:31 AM
There is a video online, where the user connects to Asterisk PBX, and I didn't do that, and I don't know how to do that.

http://www.fosslc.org/drupal/node/653

I tried to call. The country code for the U.S. is 1, do I just put a 1 before the number or 001. I tried 1 and 001. I keep getting an error message, call failed, 403 forbidden.

vegan1
April 16th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Anybody have an easier to way to make phone calls with Linux, and no, I don't mean with Skype.