PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installation of Ubuntu before activation of Windows 7 on a new computer?

uubunti
April 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
How can I install Ubuntu before activation of Windows 7 on a new computer?

How can I install Ubuntu with a Ubuntu CD-ROM on a new computer on which Windows 7 is still not acitvated?

I bought a new computer with Windows 7 home premium service pack 1.
I do not want to accept the license terms of Microsoft.
So I want to delete the Microsoft software on the computer.
I have a working Ubuntu CD-ROM for installation.
I inserted the Ubuntu CD-ROM in the computer.
I started the computer.
The computer does not start the Ubuntu installation.
The computer requests to accept the Microsoft license agreement.
The computer requests to accept the computer manufacturer license agreement.
There is no choice to say no and to continue with the Ubuntu installation.
I turned off the computer.
I am waiting for your answer.
Is there a way to avoid the activation of Microsoft Windows 7?
Or how can I delete Windows 7 before activation?

License agreements:
p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } Microsoft Software license terms
Windows 7 home premium service pack 1
these license terms are an agreement between you and
. the computer manufacturer that distributes the software with the computer, or
. the software installer that distributes the software with the computer
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software. Instead, contact the manufacturer or installer to determine its return policy. You must comply with that policy, which might limit your rights or require you to return the entire system on which the software is installed.

As described below, using the software also operates as your consent to the transmission of certain computer information during activation, validation and for Internet based services.

4. Mandatory activation
Activation associates the use of the software with a specific computer. During activation, the software will send information about the software and the computer to Microsoft. This information includes the version, language and product key of the software, the Internet protocol address of the computer, and information derived from the hardware configuration of the computer. For more information see go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkid=104609. By using the software, you consent to the the transmission of this information. If properly licensed, you have the right to use the version of the software installed during the installation process up to the time permitted for activation. Unless the software is activated, you have no right to use the software after time permitted for activation. This is to prevent its unlicensed use. You are not permitted to bypass or circumvent activation. If the computer is connected to the Internet, the software may automatically connect to Microsoft for activation. You can also activate the software manually by internet or telephone. If you do so, Internet and telephone service charges may apply. Some changes to your computer components or the software may require you to reactivate the software. Tehe software will remind you to activate it until you do.

Option to select
1) I accept the license terms (required to use Windows)
2) no other option displayed

End User License Agreement

Important - read carefully: This end user license agreement ("Agreement") is a legal agreement between you and the computer manufacturer for the software that accompanies this agreement, including any associated media, printed materials and related user electronic documentation which may be branded "computer manufacturer". Agreements relating to any other product or topic are neither intended nor should they be implied. By installing the accompanying software or any portion thereof, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions of this agreement do not continue the installation process an immediately delete all installed files. If any, of the accompanying software from your computer system.
computer manufacturer live update
Certain of the software contains elements that enable the use of the computer manufacturer Live Update service, which allows for updates for such software to be automatically downloaded and installed on your computer. By installing this software, you hereby agree and consent that computer manufacturer may automatically check the version of such software that you are using on your computer may provide upgrades to such software that may be automatically downloaded on to your computer.

Uubunti

Quackers
April 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Welcome to UF.
I must confess to never having tried this.
Have you changed the bios boot order so that the system boots from the cd before the HDD?

uubunti
April 15th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Welcome to UF.
I must confess to never having tried this.
Have you changed the bios boot order so that the system boots from the cd before the HDD?

Uubunti:
I thank you for your fast answer.
I have read you recommendation.
Then, I tried to press F2 key, then I pressed the start button.
BIOS menue was displayed:

Boot priority order:
1. HDD
2. CD-ROM
3. USB FDD
4. Network Boot: ...
5. USB HDD
6. USB CDROM

Then I changed the order to be able to start from CD-ROM and a USB stick before from the Hard disk HDD:

1. USB FDD
2. CD-ROM
3. HDD
4. Network Boot: ...
5. USB HDD
6. USB CDROM

My question seems to be answered totally.

Quackers
April 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
That's good :-)
Is USB FDD for a flash drive or a floppy drive? I don't have that on mine.

Please mark the thread as solved using the Thread Tools near the top of this page.