PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Flash player issues

earthshakergb
April 15th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Arggh, Yesterday I was watching YouTube videos on my 11.10 machine, every thing was great. Today I went to check out the weather radar for my area, FF told me I needed to add a plugin (flash). I did so and now I can't watch YouTube (or any)videos, black screen. So I come over here to the forum to see what I can do to fix the problem. I install flash-aid, it doesn't work, I uninstall it then get Flash video replacer, installs fine. but when I go to watch a video, I get an error "Fvr was unable to replace the video due to the lack of a compatible plugin for audio detect"
Now what do I do, I just remembered I installed Minitube earlier today it didn't even load up.

I uninstalled flash and installed Gnash it is working now...for the moment.

RJARRRPCGP
April 15th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Arggh, Yesterday I was watching YouTube videos on my 11.10 machine, every thing was great. Today I went to check out the weather radar for my area, FF told me I needed to add a plugin (flash).

I cannot recall such a thing occurring. It actually looks like Flash got deleted. :confused:

earthshakergb
April 15th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Well Gnash works at 50% screen width, on you tube, no way to make it bigger, to fill the place holder I have found so far. So for now I will deal with it, and if I really want to watch a video I will fire up MiniTube, which works again.