PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Screen Slaver? I want my Mustangs back!

emarkay
April 10th, 2012, 02:58 AM
A bunch of shots from the 2007 "Gathering of Mustangs" in Ohio used to appear after 10 minutes, from my "Pictured" directory. How go get that back in 12.04?
Thanks!

cariboo907
April 10th, 2012, 04:19 AM
You can't, it's another thing that Gnome has eliminated. Xscreensaver is still available in the repositories.

Scott Baker
April 10th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Sad but true. Screen savers have been gone for a while now, but between you and I, my family and I miss them too. :sad:

alphacrucis2
April 10th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Where do I get my screen slave (sic) :p

jerrylamos
April 10th, 2012, 01:15 PM
About the first thing I do on install (lots on development unstable!) is wallpaper of my wife in a swimsuit on an australian beach vacation. I've a number of such pics if I want to set up a rotating display.

Jerry

Frogs Hair
April 10th, 2012, 03:09 PM
This is not a screen saver, but a wallpaper show and there appears to be a precise available. https://launchpad.net/~wallch/+archive/wallch-ppa

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
April 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
sudo apt-get install xscreensaver xscreensaver-gl xscreensaver-gl-extra xscreensaver-data xscreensaver-data-extra rss-glx;
then look for screensaver in your menus
enjoy your 200+ screensavers and good luck finding the one you are looking for :lolflag:

you may need to add xscreensaver -nosplash to your Startup Applications

Gregory Lee
April 10th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Well, it's no big problem to download things using Software Center. I downloaded xscreensaver and its add-ons and am running it now. It works fine (in KDE, which I'm using now, since Unity and Gnome crash).

emarkay
April 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Total bummer, dudes and dudettes.

So there's no native application to even do a simple stand alone slideshow?

Absolutely bamboozeled, being all the world is fun and games; and so has gone Ubuntu IMHO...

emarkay
April 13th, 2012, 01:05 AM
...and I am not going to mark this as "SOLVED" either... :(

ubuntu27
April 13th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Total bummer, dudes and dudettes.

So there's no native application to even do a simple stand alone slideshow?

Absolutely bamboozeled, being all the world is fun and games; and so has gone Ubuntu IMHO...

As pqwoerituytrueiwoq mentioned, you could use xscreensavver.

sudo apt-get install xscreensaver xscreensaver-gl xscreensaver-gl-extra xscreensaver-data xscreensaver-data-extra

I also miss gnome-screensaver as you.