PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How Do You get Evolution into Msg Menu?

tehowe
April 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Since I dumped Thunderbird (I need my calendar, but thanks) I've been wondering how to get Evolution into the messaging menu. When we had the Big Icon menu in 11.04 and 11.10 it would just replace the Thunderbird icon automatically. Is there some integration package I'm missing? Thanks!

philinux
April 5th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Since I dumped Thunderbird (I need my calendar, but thanks) I've been wondering how to get Evolution into the messaging menu. When we had the Big Icon menu in 11.04 and 11.10 it would just replace the Thunderbird icon automatically. Is there some integration package I'm missing? Thanks!

I've not tested EVO . It might be package evolution-indicator

dcstar
April 6th, 2012, 05:25 AM
I've not tested EVO . It might be package evolution-indicator

I have that package installed and Evolution is in the block that is accessed by the "Envelope" icon on the top RHS of my Unity desktop.

If you are going to use Evolution I recommend removing all Thunderbird packages to remove erroneous Mail links in the various menus.

tehowe
April 11th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I have that package installed and Evolution is in the block that is accessed by the "Envelope" icon on the top RHS of my Unity desktop.

If you are going to use Evolution I recommend removing all Thunderbird packages to remove erroneous Mail links in the various menus.

That worked very nicely, thanks to both.