PDA

View Full Version : How often do you back up your data?

beercz
June 12th, 2006, 10:58 PM
I am I good boy, I backup my data daily, I have an automated by backup routine to a separate machine using rsync, ssh and rsnapshot.
How often do you backup?

johnc4510
June 12th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Once a week unless I decide to experiment, then i backup right before in case I do something stupid. Which has been known to happen.

mips
June 13th, 2006, 02:51 PM
My data is mirrored between two physical drives, very handy feature.

frodon
June 13th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I backup my ubuntu partition each week and for my datas i backup only the important things on DVD.

Maupertus
June 13th, 2006, 09:49 PM
As I have my main hard-drive partitioned in 3, one WinXP (I'm a bit of a closet gamer) on Ubuntu and one that is shared by both of the aforementioned. And as I just got my NAS up and running and as that partition is largely occupied by films, music, documents, I automaticly back up the files to the NAS. Great for keeping your system clean. Usualy we burn all our date to DVD on our network once or twice a year.

aysiu
June 13th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Here's an older poll asking the same question (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=95454), in case anyone's interested.

richbarna
June 13th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Once a week unless I decide to experiment, then i backup right before in case I do something stupid. Which has been known to happen.

Yeah, me too. Once a week no. Just the "before I do something stupid" part.

I use good old fashioned pen and paper for logins etc.
Everything else like documents get saved as they are finished on a USB key.