PDA

View Full Version : You guys are killin' me

Naglfari
June 12th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I've been tinkering with ubuntu for several months now, but I'm still a stone-cold noobie when it comes to actually doing anything with it. I do have Gimp working overtime though....love my cameras.

Anyhooo, I noticed that Automatix will also work on Kubuntu, so I got a wild hair this morning, and decided to download it and give it a try.

It is incredible.....I love it!!! But, I just recently came over from the "you'll use windows and LIKE it!" camp, and all these choices are overwhelming me. Gnome or KDE, which image software, which media player, plain and rock solid or pretty and flashing and rock solid...with little dragons.

Its gonna take me a while to work this one out. Thanks in advance for all the sleep that I'm going to lose tonight because I'm up playing [-X

Naglfari
June 13th, 2006, 02:45 AM
:p Now trying the live CD for Xubuntu..LOL. I'm making myself nuts.....

tminton
June 13th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Just wait, it keeps getting better and better! :D

nalmeth
June 13th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Yeah, it's fun stuff

Your avatar is neat, I thought animated avatars weren't allowed anymore?

mogwai
June 13th, 2006, 03:52 AM
That's the thing about Linux -- Choice. You get to choose what you want, unlike Windows 'take-it-or-leave-it' attitude. (NOTE: I have nothing against MS or Windows, I just like Linux better.)
Just keep playing with it -- You'll learn to love it! (or it will just come naturally)

It's an awsome OS and you can do SO MUCH with it!

jason.b.c
June 13th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Yeah, it's fun stuff

I think it would be funny if you're avatar were animated nalmeth..:D

nalmeth
June 13th, 2006, 04:11 AM
I think it would be funny if you're avatar were animated nalmeth..:grin:

hehe

yes but then speculation would open again, and people may start to seriously consider that I am real after all, as opposed to a mythic, fantasy caricature.

We wouldn't want to get 'ol Al up in a fuss again now would we?

ericesque
June 13th, 2006, 06:46 AM
just wait until he notices the add/remove programs ;)

jason.b.c
June 13th, 2006, 07:55 AM
hehe

yes but then speculation would open again, and people may start to seriously consider that I am real after all, as opposed to a mythic, fantasy caricature.

We wouldn't want to get 'ol Al up in a fuss again now would we?

Yea, But i don't think anyone would believe him anyway , Even if he is trying to be "Totally Th-erial" ;)

:-$

Naglfari
June 13th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah, it's fun stuff

Ooh, I didn't know that...I just checked the guidelines, it didn't mention animation, but my avatar was over the size limit [-X Guess I'll try to find a new one :sad:

Still up playing with live CD's. hehe, this is fun =D>