PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Creating an initial Code repository on Launchpad

Tony Flury
April 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM
All,
I have a directory full of my source code for my latest project, and a launchpad page for it.

I have istalled bzr, created a ssh key, and registered the key on launchpad.

All the bzr tutorials I have seen show you how to contribute to an existing project with existing source code/files - and not how to start one from scratch.

So that is my question - how do i get my source code from my local folder into my launchpad repository.

I would have thought i would have needed to checkout my empty repository first, add the files, commit them and push them back. but it does not work - i keep being told that that i don't have a branch to checkout - i am ot at my development PC at the moment so i can't provid the exact errors.

Any 101 guide for new projects ?

Tony Flury
April 5th, 2012, 06:50 AM
All,
I have a directory full of my source code for my latest project, and a launchpad page for it.

I have istalled bzr, created a ssh key, and registered the key on launchpad.

All the bzr tutorials I have seen show you how to contribute to an existing project with existing source code/files - and not how to start one from scratch.

So that is my question - how do i get my source code from my local folder into my launchpad repository.

I would have thought i would have needed to checkout my empty repository first, add the files, commit them and push them back. but it does not work - i keep being told that that i don't have a branch to checkout - i am ot at my development PC at the moment so i can't provid the exact errors.

Any 101 guide for new projects ?

Found one - finally :

http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/mini-tutorial/