PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] An unresolvable problem occurred while...

Libbard
April 2nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Hey.. I have been try yesterday to install user theme extension and with it I have visit many site and many method to install it... after that visit update manager and click on some old source from 11.10 like caffine and Vlc.. etc

so I don't know What exactly I do before this happens except that When I click to enable the source I disable the new source I add today and within 10 minute I add one of them again through terminal.. it was

ppa:ferramroberto/gnome3and then When I heard about beta 2 I go to update manager to update and bump.. the problem came.

this message came from update manager

An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:Type 'ain' is not known on line 3 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ferramroberto-gnome3-precise.list'and this when make update command in terminal "sudo apt-get update"

E: Type 'ain' is not known on line 3 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ferramroberto-gnome3-precise.list
E: The list of sources could not be read

and in Synaptic the error is

E: Type 'ain' is not known on line 3 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ferramroberto-gnome3-precise.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I try some solution before writing here like

sudo rm -vf /var/lib/apt/lists/*and

sudo mv /var/lib/dpkg/status /var/lib/dpkg/status-RENAMED sudo cp /var/lib/dpkg/status-old /var/lib/dpkg/status sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade # or sudo apt-get dist-upgrade if no dependency issues
and nothing solve my problemI even clean every thing in source.list and again nothing change

I was trying to delete the ferramroberto-gnome3-precise.list from sources.list.d and even with terminal and root I can't

any help!

Thank you before anything for read and if you try for your trying :)

Regards,

Fahad.

plucky
April 2nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

Post the output from a terminal for
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ferramroberto-gnome3-precise.list

You have to correct the content of the file.

Good luck

Libbard
April 3rd, 2012, 12:54 AM
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ferramroberto/gnome3/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ferramroberto/gnome3/ubuntu precise main
ain
ain

How can I correct it?!

:)

Libbard
April 3rd, 2012, 01:12 AM
Don't worry I understand your saying and try to Edit the