PDA

View Full Version : Set up multiple monitors

j814wong
March 29th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I have a Nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO 512 card and it has one DVI and one VGA port. I used a normal vga cable to connect the VGA port to the VGA port of another monitor. Then I used a DVI to HDMI cable to connect the computer from the DVI port to another monitor's hdmi port. NVIDIA X Server settings detects the second monitor. But going to Ubuntu Display only shows the first monitor.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. Yes I know, beta only but I had this problem back at Ubntu 11.10 but didn't attempt to solve it then.

I have teamviewer so help would be much appreciated.

howefield
March 29th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Thread moved to "Ubuntu +1 (Precise Pangolin)" forum.

j814wong
March 30th, 2012, 01:42 AM
I have a Nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO 512 card and it has one DVI and one VGA port. I used a normal vga cable to connect the VGA port to the VGA port of another monitor. Then I used a DVI to HDMI cable to connect the computer from the DVI port to another monitor's hdmi port. NVIDIA X Server settings detects the second monitor. But going to Ubuntu Display only shows the first monitor.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. Yes I know, beta only but I had this problem back at Ubntu 11.10 but didn't attempt to solve it then.

I have teamviewer so help would be much appreciated.

Solved. In Nvidia settings, I just set the configuration as twinview which I had thought kept the images on both monitors teh same.