PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] High-Availability

pamiller3
March 29th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Hey All,

I am working on making a set of 2 webservers both installed with wordpress that access a mutual mysql server. I am working on building another ubuntu server to be the load balancing point, all 4 servers are 10.4.4 and have webmin installed as well. Problem is I am afraid that I am over my head. I am not sure where and how to install the cluster and heartbeat programs.

I apologize for just an open question, but I have searched and searched and all documentation is either too old or too vague.

Any help would be appreciated.

a2j
March 29th, 2012, 03:44 PM
keep in mind, high availability and load balancing are not quite the same. I think first one is easier to get working. I'm also interested in load balancing of apache servers. More like live synchronization of two/multiple servers part.

pound is very easy to use for load balancing. I use it.

pamiller3
March 29th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Yes I suppose I worded that wrong. I have no need for load balancing as I don't get hardly any traffic, I need HA and, like you said, live sync between the 2 webservers.

a2j
March 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM
yeah, just for HA, I'd look into rsync type of scenario. I'm looking for a true load balance. So, if somebody can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thanks.

pamiller3
March 30th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Alright does anyone have an advice on how to do a live sync and HA amongst them?

Cheesemill
March 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Linode do some great guides:
http://library.linode.com/linux-ha