PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Persistent problem with ATI Catalyst

Xgen
March 26th, 2012, 07:06 PM
For quite a while now, the Catalyst settings don't persist after a reboot and the screen becomes extremely light. To correct the problem, I need to toggle any setting in the Catalyst Center and exit. At one time, I added 'xgamma -gamma (.xxx) to the Startup Applications menu, but that doesn't work now. Anyone else with this problem, and possibly a solution? Works fine in Oneiric and Natty.

scaine
March 27th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Yep, Samsung Chronos 7 here, with ATI 5760M and the brightness is reset to full brightness on every reboot and even a resume from suspend. Screen blanking works okay and preserves brightness.

If I go to the brightness settings on reboot, I find that it thinks the brightness is low, but it's (obviously) not. Touching the slider immediately jumps the brightness to the lower setting and works fine.

I haven't gotten round to logging a bug, as I find it's often counter-productive to log hardware-specific bugs during a beta. I'll wait until late April and if it's still happening, I'll do it then.

Xgen
March 28th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Okay... found that 'xgamma -gamma .650' now works in terminal and even if I map a mouse button combination to the command. It will not work in Startup Applications or in any home bash files or as a standalone script in /etc/init.d. How else can I get this command to work on startup?

Nevermind - found that it will now work it I add 'sleep 2' to the command in the Startup Applications menu...obviously needs a delay now. Will mark as 'Solved'.