PDA

View Full Version : gimp keeps messing up

p.wolf
March 19th, 2012, 10:51 PM
hello, i have been trying to pull down a guide but everytime i try it wont let me change or click anything?! and it doesn't pull the guide down either, whats going on?

ajgreeny
March 19th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I don't understand what you mean. Are you trying to get the help menu to work and open up?

p.wolf
March 20th, 2012, 12:00 AM
no, guides. When you click on the rulers at the top and left side and drag it should pull guide lines, but today when i try it freezes gimp, only lets me click certain buttons (like the quit) though i cant quit because it wont let me click yes or dont save etc, and it wont let me change my to a different screen, its stuck and doesn't let me do anything until i shutdown or find some way to shut gimp down.

p.wolf
March 20th, 2012, 12:31 AM
seems to be working at the moment, but i dont know if it will keep up

robert shearer
March 20th, 2012, 12:48 AM
no, guides. When you click on the rulers at the top and left side and drag it should pull guide lines, but today when i try it freezes gimp, only lets me click certain buttons (like the quit) though i cant quit because it wont let me click yes or dont save etc, and it wont let me change my to a different screen, its stuck and doesn't let me do anything until i shutdown or find some way to shut gimp down.

Perhaps there is a dialogue box awaiting input that is hidden below other windows...?
Next time try minimising any open windows and see if this reveals anything...
Just a thought.

ofnuts
March 22nd, 2012, 01:03 AM
seems to be working at the moment, but i dont know if it will keep upOpen the layers list and see if you have a "floating selection". Many things are disabled while you have one. You have to anchor it to an existing layer or create a new layer from it, before you can work on other layers.