PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity toolbar will not hide/ seems stuck

blackcatfarm
March 19th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I recently installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my old desktop computer. I am a new Linux user.

There is a toolbar on the left hand side of the screen that is always present and is extremely annoying as it covers up the left side of any window that is fully open. I thought I would set it to either autohide or put it on the bottom of the screen.

I installed the compizconfig settings manager. When I open Ubuntu Unity Plugin I find that the default reveal mode is on the left and the hide launcher is set to dodge windows. I realize that the unity bar is not dodging windows and is just sitting there open no matter what I am doing on the desktop.

So, I click the edit reveal mode and set it to the bottom, click okay, and a window pops up:
"The new value for the edge binding for the action Reveal Mode in plugin Ubuntu Unity Plugin conflicts with the action Flip Down of the Desktop Wall plugin. Do you wish to disable Flip Down in the Desktop Wall plug in?" The options are: 1. Set Reveal Mode Anyway 2. Don't set Reveal Mode 3. Disable Flip Down.

Not sure what to do???

NikTh
March 19th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Hi ,
i suggest to not play with comizconfig settings if you are not familiar with it. Try another tool that made for unity and i think its easier. Here take a look --> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/unity-tweak-tool-myunity-gets-new-look-coming-to-ubuntu-software-centre/