PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No sound on desktop

Old-un
March 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I am running Ubuntu "Oneiric Ocelot - 11.10" and have lost all sound on my pc? Could someone help me

Basher101
March 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM
click on your "sound" icon on the top right and click then on sound settings. Change the device where you want the sound output and it should work (if not, maybe you need updates, a reboot, dunno)

Old-un
March 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Have done as you suggested and still no sound? Have checked for any updates and there were none available. Shall reboot the PC and if that don't work i shall re-install the OS.

Thanks for the reply though Basher101

Old-un
March 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Have since done a new install and everything is back to it's Ubuntu best!

Basher101
March 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM

i would take this also into my sig, but sadly there is no more room:
if all else fails, reinstall from scratch.

Holdolin
March 18th, 2012, 08:02 PM

Thankfully, it's a relatively quick and easy thing to do. I have had to apply that patch a time or two myself. My wife has gotten quite used to hearing me say "grabbin the disc" and she knows what it means :popcorn:

Basher101
March 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM
and now imagine the trouble if you had to reinstall windows that many times...oh the updates *shivers*

thats why i have a full system snapshot of a complete install + updates and programs installed and configured..

Holdolin
March 18th, 2012, 08:19 PM
and now imagine the trouble if you had to reinstall windows that many times...oh the updates *shivers*

thats why i have a full system snapshot of a complete install + updates and programs installed and configured..

Don't get me started on Windows updating :rolleyes:

Last time i installed Server2008R2, I had to run the updater 11 times to get all the updates.