PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound card problem with Fast Track Pro

bitcrow
March 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I haven't found any assistant/understandable help so here's my problem:

I cannot use M-Audio Fast Track Pro for my recordings. Sometimes it acts randomly in both Audacity and Ardour. (Sometimes volumes are high, noise appears etc.) So I assume FTP just needs some kind of Linux sound card driver. However M-Audio does not have one in their website. ALSA recognizes FTP though.

I don't need any advanced solution beyond mono and stereo. I just want to get my recordings work even somehow. Is there any solutions?

I'm using:

Acer AspireOne D255E (yeah, it's a mini-laptop and may not to be best for recordings, but I'm still looking for the simplest, the best or simply the best solution for my problem.)
Ubuntu 10.04 (first it was netbook remix, then I made some Ubuntu studio extensions and I'm not sure now what is it technically and should I get a newer Ubuntu to solve my problem.)

Changes in sample rate, buffers and so on doesn't change anything. Even Windows 7 (where the driver is installed) creates some random clicks once in a while (which Ubuntu and FTP don't). So I'm pretty out of ideas.

tripolitan
April 10th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Unfortunately, FTPro is output only - no input under ubuntu or any other common distro.The noise is basically electronic noise Coming from your netbook, through your usb and straight to your F T P

bitcrow
April 10th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I've heard that FTP would work after kernel 3.1. For example: http://yomix.org/info/blog/2011/07/14/m-audio-fast-track-pro-special-features-now-enabled-linux/#comment_55

So, now I'm waiting to update Ubuntu to the 12.04 and maybe with Studio version. But I don't know will it solve my problems.

psychok7
April 27th, 2012, 12:44 AM
hi there, i just did a fresh install of ubuntu 12.04 and noticed my m-audio fasttrack pro stopped working..

installed pavucontrol , disabled all sound cards and only enabled m-audio (duplex channel) and it started working

after a few minutes it stopped again, it was working but then after a while the card "disconected".. neither pavucontrol or ubuntu default sound software are recognizing m-audio